Māluva (part 2)

 "Crocodile! "


" Crocodile! "


You know, how loudly she screamed we didn't  have time to think twice. Actually, We didn't have sanity to swim so we ran in the river fastly.

Few days ago, we got informed that there was a crocodile bigger than a man  is peregrinating around the river.

But we didn't see that crocodile in the river. Suddenly, I remembered, jinasena uncle's one leg  has bitten by the crocodile two years ago and his leg has been removed at the oparation. 


Crocodiles don't take a long time for swimming and If we cought to a crocodile we can't survive only  by cuting a leg. Oh god!, we wasn't at very deep in the river. The river was familiar to my sister and me..but not for Sandali akka. So she couldn't swim fast in the river. Maybe she was too scared. However, only thing she could do was screaming  while running.

I  took a look at the area where she told the corcodile comes.


"Oh my god ! " I said unconsciously.


At the same time, my sister looked  and  she laughed loudly. Sandali akka stopped screaming and looked at us. My sister  was still laughing  and I couldn't hold too. So we laughed more and more.

Mean while, Sandali akka slowly, came out from the water.


 " Why you guys are laughing?"  She asked.


" Take another look at the crocodile" my sister said while laughing.


"Where is the crocodile? Where did it go?" Sadali akka asked confusedly.


"Look! " my sister point her finger and showed the left corner of the river.


 "Oh god !  I was so scared. it is just a water monitor!" She said and laughed.

 


 We got ready to go back home. While we going, we didn't forget to eat 'dan', 'himbutu' and also mango. We reached home at the evening. When we went to  home firstly I looked for my mother, but I couldn't find her. However I met my aunty at the kitchen. 


" Aunty, what are you cooking?"


"We are cooking very delicious māluvak for you. So wait few minutes. " Aunty said lovely.


 "Wow! "māluva" ( that means 'mālu æmbul tiyal' )  Our mom is the best cook in the village."


I didn't spend a long time in the kitchen and came to the living room immediately.


"Sister, today , our mother has cooked 'mālu' (fish)" I  really like to eat her 'mālu embul thiyal' I said to everyone.



I haven't eat them for long time.

Those days our mom usually made that dish. " My father said and uncle agreed too.

 They told us about our grand mother's delicious recipes.

We never heard about some of them before.

 It's got dark While we were chatting. Everyone was so excited to eat the 'mālu æmbultiyal'. So we were looking forward for the dinner.

After a while, mom came to the living room and invited us to have dinner. We went to the dining table and sit down on chairs. there ware lots of food on the table. Fried vegetable rice, milky cashew nuts curry, dhal curry, Gotukola sambal, deviled mushrooms, pickle, fried chillies with papadam, curd and hunny.


"But, where is 'māluva'" everyone's mood was faded. But mom and aunty didn't know anything. If someone see my face they will see it  like a cashew nut cracked to a cart wheel. 


"Why?" 

" What happened?" Mom understood that there was a little weird. So she asked. 


"Where is the mālu mom? Didn't you make the 'mālu æmbultiyal' aunty told me that she was cooking māluva. " I said 


Mom and aunty looked at each others faces surprisingly. At once both of them started to laugh loudly. They laughed more and more while looking at our faces. Finally, they stopped laughing after few minutes of trying to control their laugh.


 

 "Son asked me what I was cooking in the evening. So I told him that I was cooking a māluva." My aunty said.

 

" Son, we normally call (fish curry)maalu aembul thiyal as ' māluva' in our area. But in your anuny's area, 'māluva' is called for 'viyanjana'. That means curry. 

Your aunty has told you that she is preparing a curry, not malu eambul thiyal"

 My mom solved the problem.

 

 " What kind of a name is it? " I asked.


Everyone laughed at me. I felt so embrassing.

" We can eat mālu eambul thiyal tomorrow. I will bring some fish."

My father said.


 ~~~~~~~~~~The End ✍️~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The unknown player (part 3)

Māluva (part 1)